Homes are flying off of the market and new subdivision developments are making progress as prime real estate season has made its arrival. Below is an aggregation of real estate news, new real estate listings, and market statistics for the Greater Baton Rouge Area and nationally.
We are hosting these Open Houses this weekend:
The below homes for sale will be open to tour from 1-4pm on Saturday and 2-6pm on Sunday in The Hollows of Dutchtown subdivision in Prairieville.
- 14085 Doe Run (Lot 2)
- 14073 Doe Run (Lot 4)
- 37424 Cypress Hollow (Lot 88)
- 37410 Cypress Hollow (Lot 90)
- 37378 Cypress Hollow (Lot 95)
- 37397 Cypress Hollow (Lot 104)
New Listings from Property First Realty Group
Baton Rouge - 1727 W Fairview Dr - $185,000 | Contact Stefanie Mars for more info
Baton Rouge - 5120 River Meadow - $430,000 | Contact Sheila Payton for more info
Denham Springs - 13987 Arbor Walk - $185,000 | Contact Jeff Folger for more info
Plaquemine - 58155 Labauve - $399,500 | Contact R.J. Louviere for more info
Prairieville - 37120 Murphy Webb Ave - $262,000 | Contact Sheila Payton or CaBrena Roberts
Other newly listed homes and land for sale:
Local and National Real Estate News
• Atwater subdivision on River Rd in permitting process [Business Report]
• Presales for new Arbors at the Bluffs neighborhood in St. Francisville have begun [Business Report]
• Novelist Anne Rice's $4.5M New Orleans mansion is for sale [The Advertiser]
• Restaurants, fitness center, and shopping now open in new Highland Park Marketplace [Business Report]
• New Orleans ranks high in markets with highest share of investment homes [Realtor Mag]
• Homeowner equity growth streak continues [Realtor Mag]
• U.S. home values are rising at fastest pace in 12 years [Bloomberg]
• National Forecast: home sales and prices to rise [National Association of Realtors]
Current mortgage interest rates: Bank Rate
Market Statistics for Greater Baton Rouge Home Sales
Last week, we looked at how Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Iberville, Livingston, and West Baton Rouge Parishes compared to each other and the entire Greater Baton Rouge Area in the average days on the market of homes sold. This week, we compare May of 2018 with the previous four years in average days on the market. The scatter plot below shows how many days it took homes to sell on average within a given price range for May 2014 - May 2018 in the Greater Baton Rouge Area. While the scatter plot gives us a good idea of how quickly homes are flying off of the market compared to previous years, it is important to note that some numbers could be skewed by one or two homes that sat on the market for 500+ days that finally sold in May. Likewise, a few homes that sold quickly could drive the average days on the market down. With that being said, homes have sold quicker this May and last May across most of the price ranges.
We can build your custom dream home
Our sister company, Pro One Corp, can build your custom dream home in Prairieville and the Greater Baton Rouge Area with outstanding quality and service. Pro One Corp has won multiple awards in the annual Capital Region Builders Association Parade of Homes, but the smiling faces of our satisfied customers are the most rewarding of all. Check out our photo gallery of our homes and get more information at ProOneCorp.com.