Below is an aggregation of real estate news, new real estate listings, and market statistics for the Greater Baton Rouge Area and nationally.
We are hosting these Open Houses this weekend:
- 36172 Beverly Hills Dr in Prairieville's Fountain Hill subdivision will be open to view on Sunday from 2-4 PM
- 58115 Labauve Ave in the Garden District in Plaquemine will be open to view on Sunday from 2-4 PM
The below homes for sale will be open to tour from 1-6pm on Saturday and 3-5pm on Sunday in The Hollows of Dutchtown subdivision in Prairieville.
- 14085 Doe Run (Lot 2)
- 14073 Doe Run (Lot 4)
- 37424 Cypress Hollow (Lot 88)
- 37410 Cypress Hollow (Lot 90)
- 37378 Cypress Hollow (Lot 95)
New Listings from Property First Realty Group
Baton Rouge - 2210 Christian St [Rental] - $1,300 | Contact Iré Gaines for more info
Baton Rouge - 14130 Old Hammond Hwy [Land] - $65,000 | Contact Sheila Payton for more info
Geismar - 12473 Sugarmill Dr - $269,900 | Contact Johnny Mondello for more info
Prairieville - 42167 Stone Way Dr - $217,000 | Contact Sheila Payton for more info
Prairieville - 18227 Old Trail Dr - $328,900 | Contact Johnny Mondello for more info
Other newly listed homes and land for sale:
Local and National Real Estate News
- New high-end townhomes coming to Zee Zee Gardens neighborhood [Business Report]
- DSLD Homes purchases additional lots in Hunter's Trace subdivision [Business Report]
- Dat Dog restaurant eyes November 1st opening date near LSU [Business Report]
- Upscale Italian restaurant targeting August opening in Central [Business Report]
- Creole Cabana restaurant now open in Baton Rouge [Business Report]
- Eliza restaurant owner opening new eatery on Jefferson Hwy in Baton Rouge [Business Report]
- Realtor Mag's hottest housing markets in June
- Realtor Mag's 10 most undervalued cities in 2018 for house hunters
- The inside workings of Credit Scores [Realty Times]
- View median home prices of metropolitan cities throughout the US in 2018 Q1
Current mortgage interest rates: Bank Rate
Market Statistics for Greater Baton Rouge Home Sales
With the conclusion of the second quarter of 2018 real estate in the books, we look at the trend of the average days on the market for detached single family homes sold in Ascension Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish, Iberville Parish, Livingston Parish, West Baton Rouge Parish, and the entire Greater Baton Rouge Area. As displayed in the graph below, the average days on the market decreased across the board from the first quarter to the second quarter of this year, with the exception of West Baton Rouge Parish. East Baton Rouge and Ascension Parish homes sold quicker compared to the rest of the area covered by the Multiple Listing Service. Other than Iberville Parish in the second quarter, the average days on the market has increased in each of the parishes and in the entire Multiple Listing Service from last year to this year of both the first and second quarters.
How does rent in Baton Rouge compare nationally?
Last week, Rent Cafe released an article detailing the demand for apartments and the national average rent price for studio apartments and 1-3 bedroom apartments. At the bottom of their article, they provided an interactive table where you can navigate to view Baton Rouge, Metairie, and New Orleans average rent prices and how much prices have changes month over month and year over year. Read Article