Searching for something in Louisiana for you and the kids to enjoy this summer? Check out this list of entertainment and attractions found throughout the state!
1. Global Wildlife – This is an unbelievable experience in Robert, LA, especially if you have children. The largest totally free-roaming wildlife preserve of its kind in the country and home to over 4,000 exotic, endangered, and threatenedanimals from all over the world.
2. Blue Bayou Water Park/Dixie Landin' Amusement Park or Liberty Lagoon – Blue Bayou and Dixie Landin' are located off of Highland Rd just off I-10. http://www.bluebayou.com/ Liberty Lagoon is located near Independence Park at Florida Blvd and Lobdell in Baton Rouge.
3. USS Kidd Tour – Great experience for all. Walk through the ship self paced. It even has a recommended walking route to take so that you cover the entire ship.
4. World War II Reenactment on July 4th – You will not want to miss this! The USS Kidd battles enemy fighter planes on the river. Very loud but an awesome display to see. Kid friendly and a good time.
5. Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center - Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center is a 103-acre facility dedicated to conservation, education, recreation, and tourism. http://www.brec.org/index.cfm/park/detail/19
6. Baton Rouge Zoo - Located in Baker, this is a great place to take the family. Awesome tiger exhibit and a train to ride around the park.
7. Any of the Plantation Homes - There's Magnolia Mound, Nottoway and Houmas House. Very relaxing places with beautiful scenery.
8. Perkins Rowe - Awesome setting with a ton of things to do. Barnes and Noble, restaurants, shopping, and a movie theater all near to each other.
9. Bass Pro Shop - Shooting gallery for the kids, good food, and great place to visit. Located off of I-12 in Denham Springs.
10. Bowling at Premier Lanes in Gonzales– Great place to visit for the day. Bowling, arcade, and much more!